Come & Take It Canoe Race
October 5 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Come and Take It Canoe Race
Saturday, October 5, 2019
• Start at LAKE WOOD PARK, just below H-5 dam, F.M. 2091 South off Alt. 90, 5 miles west of Gonzales.
• Finish at SANTA ANNA’S FORD (gravel bar at U.S. 183 bridge over Guadalupe) Independence Park.
• Portage around City of Gonzales Dam, with a paddle to finish line through Independence Park
• Race is during the Gonzales Come And Take It Celebration on Oct. 5-7.
• Tent & RV campsite reservations available and suggested. Call Lake Wood Park 830-672-2779.
Registration up until race time, but early registration recommended–will post the registration form once the City of Gonzales has posted it.
The course is 12.5 miles starting below Lake Wood Dam on the Guadalupe River (above the confluence), goes 11 miles down to Gonzalez Dam and ends at the 183 Gravel Bar. In past years, it has been optional to portage on either side of the dam so I believe that will be the case this year as well.
- 10:00 am Parent-Son/Daughter
- 10:05 am Recreational Solo
- 10:10 am Recreational
- 10:15 am Women’s Unlimited
- 10:20 am USCA C1
- 10:25 am 17’ Aluminum Class
- 10:35 am Solo Unlimited
- 10:40 am Unlimited Class