Come & Take It Canoe Race (and TCKRA USCA Mixed State Championship)
October 7 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Come and Take It Canoe Race
TBA divisions and start times–first division starts at 10am with the remaining classes started every 5 min (last division, the unlimited class, starts at 10:40. Registration up until race time, but early registration recommended–will post the registration information once the City of Gonzales has posted it.
This is the placeholder for the Come & Take It Canoe Race which will be held in the same format as every other year. All boat types are welcome, however, the TCKRA USCA State C2 mixed race will also be held in conjunction with this race.
The course is 12.5 miles starting below Lake Wood Dam on the Guadalupe River (above the confluence), goes 11 miles down to Gonzalez Dam and ends at the 183 Gravel Bar. In past years, it has been optional to portage on either side of the dam so I believe that will be the case this year as well.
This is just the placeholder so more details will come later but if you want to race USCA C2 Mixed, start putting your team together now. We will try to keep a running tally of all the mixed teams participating. As of now, it sounds like it will include teams of all skill levels so please don’t feel intimidated and let us know if you are looking for a partner or a C2.
COME & TAKE IT CANOE RACE
Saturday, October 1, 2016
• Start at LAKE WOOD PARK, just below H-5 dam, F.M. 2091 South off Alt. 90, 5 miles west of Gonzales.
• Finish at SANTA ANNA’S FORD (gravel bar at U.S. 183 bridge over Guadalupe) Independence Park.
• Portage around City of Gonzales Dam, with a paddle to finish line through Independence Park
• Race is during the Gonzales Come And Take It Celebrati on on Sept. 30 – Oct. 2.
• Tent & RV campsite reservations available and suggested. Call Lake Wood Park 830-672-2779.