October 31 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Martindale Tri is reputed to be the oldest triathlon in Texas. It is unique in that the swim leg has replaced by a paddle down the beautiful San Marcos River. The Tri kicks off with a 7 mile run through the quaint little town of Martindale, TX. Next up is the bike, which covers 16.5 miles of rolling hills just outside of Martindale and Staples. Finally, a 5.5 mile paddle from Shady Grove Campground (aka Spencer Canoes) down to the 1977 bridge in Staples. Sign up solo, as a team (one person runs, the other bikes, and both paddle) or as a relay (one person per leg).
To register (and for more info), please visit our webpage here for the tri.
The 2020 Martindale Triathlon is going to do everything we can to minimize contact while hosting the race. Here are the changes we know of so far (we may add more):
- Registration for the 2020 Triathlon will be online only. There will be no race day registration. Registration will end on Thursday, Oct 29th at midnight.
- The race briefing will be held online on Friday, October 30th at 6pm on our Martindale Triathlon facebook page (we will do a facebook live–it can also be a q&a if you have questions). There will be no race briefing on the morning of the race. The facebook live briefing will be posted and can be watched afterwards if for some reason you are unable to watch it at 6pm. Here’s the FB page link: https://www.facebook.com/Martindale-Triathlon-Oct-31-2020-871855829569749
- There will be no manned water stations on the run (we are very sorry). We will have a couple of tables with small water bottles (And a trash can. We will post their locations in advance. But if you can be self sufficient, that is your best option). Think of it as a DIY Tri. You are welcome to drop off water along the run course prior to the run (you will be responsible for your own trash).
- There will not be a meal or awards ceremony following the race. Awards will be passed out at the finish line in Staples. There will be no social gathering-we know that stinks. But hey, we’re still having a race.
- We know these are financially stressful times, and since we’re doing away with our “normal” perks, we’re lowering the registration fee. We may need to cap registration to a certain # of people if the race starts getting too big. So far we don’t have plans to do that. Just know we may need to. So register ASAP if possible.
- We are going to need to spread out the run start (we are still going to start everyone at 9am). We are asking the slower/more laid back runners to start towards the back.
- You must wear a face mask prior to the start of the race unless you are greater than 6′ away from others. This means you must wear one to pick up your race number, tshirt, and drop off your liability insurance waiver.
- We will be emailing out the liability waivers the week prior to the race–you will be responsible for printing, filling it out, and dropping it off the morning of the race.
- We are requiring you to check your temperature the morning before you leave your house for the race (obviously, if you have even a slight fever, we will give you a full refund to stay home). Our group includes high-risk people (we are going to assume you will help keep us safe by assessing your risk for infecting others).
- Midnight, Thurs, Oct 22 – Last day register online to guarantee a Martindale Tri tshirt
- Midnight, Thurs, Oct 29 – Last day to register (Online only. There will be NO race day registration)
- 6pm on Friday, Oct 30 – Martindale Triathlon Facebook Live race briefing
Race Day Schedule – Saturday, October 31, 2020 @ Shady Grove Campground
- 7:00am – 8:45am Race packet pickup
- 9:00am Race start
ALL COMPETITORS MUST hand in your signed liability waiver prior to race start on race day (this will be emailed to you the week prior to the race–you must print and bring it with you).
Race will start at 9:00 am Saturday. Registration is ONLINE ONLY and will end on midnight, Thursday, Oct 29th. Race day registration is NOT available this year.
Start: 9515 FM 1979, Martindale
Finish Line: Staples Bridge FM 1977